The availability of the aforementioned measuring instruments allows different service operations and scheduled tasks to be performed, but at the same time the question arises of whether at present there exist multi-purpose measuring instruments, comprising a set of means for the debugging and tuning of communication and radio equipment, which are more affordable compared to imported devices of the 2945 type? Within the Russian market segment of measuring equipment, the Radiocommunication Service Tester RST-430 is one of the answers to the raised question.
The manufacturer was very modest when naming this device a tester, in fact it is a fully-featured service instrument, which can be used while working not only with radiocommunication equipment, but also in other fields where physical measurements are required.
The “RST-430” device is primarily intended for the complete maintenance and repair of radio stations for various purposes, and as a part of both permanently-installed and mobile service laboratories, and can be used for the tuning, monitoring, testing and calibration of radio stations of almost all types. As a functionally complete device, the instrument provides verification of the following parameters of radio stations:
- The carrier power of a transmitter (W);
- The transmitter distortion factor (%);
- The deviation of frequency and amplitude modulation characteristic of a transmitter from the precorrected characteristic of 6 dB/octave (dB);
- The maximum transmitter frequency deviation (kHz);
- The transmitter frequency deviation (Hz) at modulating frequencies 5, 10 and 20 kHz;
- The level of transmitter incidental frequency modulation (%);
- The level of transmitter incidental amplitude modulation (%);
- The transmitter frequency deviation from nominal value;
- The receiver sensitivity at signal-to-noise ratio (SINAD) of 12 dB (μV);
- The receiver sensitivity measurement at signal frequency deviation (dB);
- The receiver distortion factor (%);
- The receiver background noise level (dB);
- The receiver frequency and amplitude deviation from the precorrected characteristic of minus 6 dB/octave (dB)
In addition, as a part of an instrument set (combined with other measuring instruments) the “RST-430” provides definition of receiver selectivity by adjacent channel (dB), receiver intermodulation selectivity (dB) and receiver protection on power circuits and control circuits (dB). The basic metrological characteristics of “RST-430” tester are shown in Table 1.